Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
alfredo Offline OP
OP Offline
A
I have detected different intensity measurements based on different strip hardness.
Altought the strip hardness meets always the spec (44-50 HRC), we have found what I understand significant differences (> 0,01 mm) in the measurement intensitty when we used strip in the lowset hardness range or in the upper hardness range.
The shot peening spec. is 0,15-0,2 mm Almen C; 100% coverage; shot size: 330. The part is a carburized gear.
Could anyone share its experince in this issue?

D
D
We have this experience as well and as a matter of fact I posted a question about it on this forum a while ago.

Online Content
We had the same problme a few years ago. When checking your hardness readings are they stable on the centerline of the strip, then taper off left / right of center?

A
alfredo Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Thank you for your suport.
1º) We measure the hardness four times and take the average, and we usually measure at the centerline.
2º) We have done a metalographic study of two Almen strips. We have seen some surface decarburization whitin 15 and 30 um. I assume that it is created during the hot rolling, and I think it could also affect the intensity result. The hardness variability between core and surface is practicaly null.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Sponsored by Electronics Inc. © 2024 Electronics Inc. All Rights Reserved.