Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
E
OP Offline
E
HI Everyone

I am looking for any suggestion of equipment(Brand, Model) for shape inspection.

I am thinking buy a microscope but I don't know if it´s the correct equipment also I was thinking in a digital microscope but I am not sure if this is allowed, Or just buy a simple Magnifier.

The requirement is at least 30X.

Thanks

S
S
I do have available simple magnifiers, optical vernier microscope , digital microscope and, at my university, a scanning electron microscope. My favorite technique for shape analysis is, however, to simply use a camera together with a good quality ruler! A jpeg image of the shot particles plus ruler can easily be magnified to above the stipulated 30X. This also has the advantage of producing a permanent record- useful for satisfying customers. Further refinement suggestions are to spread the shot onto a nylon mesh of appropriate gage and to use image analysis.

Online Content
AMS2430 REV T provides detail to the type of equipment and the methods of inspection. I suggest you get a copy and see section 3.2.7.

Basically it states it must be capable of 10-30X magnification depending on the size media you are inspecting. It also must provide top-lighting.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Sponsored by Electronics Inc. © 2024 Electronics Inc. All Rights Reserved.