Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
mt92 Offline OP
OP Offline
M
I am the process engineer at a machine shop specializing in shaft work. We have some new parts that require one area to be shot peened.
The shaft are around 3.5" diameter and the spec called out is MIL-S-13165 110H intensity 10-14A.
I am looking for a used machine.

We have a steep learning curve ahead and any help to point us in the correct direction would be appreciated.

Mike Tinkham
Online Content
10-14A with ASH-110 (otherwise known as S-110 Hard) is not a good idea. 10A is about as high as you should attempt with 110.
Also, MIL-S-13165 was cancelled many years ago and superseded by AMS 2430.

S
S
Hi,
I am currently an undergraduate student and I am designing and fabricating a shot peening device for laboratory purpose as my final year project. Needs suggestion about whether to go for induction type machine or direct pressure type machine.
Waiting for your reply.
Thanks.

J
J
If you have only a small budget and need only low intensity peening intensity then the induction machine is a good choice.

S
S
Thanks for the advice. Sir can you guide how to go for the design like design calculations CAD designing or anything related to design aspect. Please recommend any material about above querries.
Your response will highly be appreciated.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Sponsored by Electronics Inc. © 2024 Electronics Inc. All Rights Reserved.