Home
Posted By: Tim Increasing of the intensity - 10/26/20 04:29 PM
Hi there! smile Good to find shot peen forum and i hope someone can help me.
Here is the deal. I have shot peen chamber. I need to get intensity value 0.010 to 0.012 with almen strips type A. But most times i get close to 0.010, the value ~0.0097-0.0099. Sometimes i can reach 0.010 and a little more, something like 0.0103, but this is an exception. And i feel non-uniform flow of the shot. The pressure set to 7 bar in static and 6.5 bar when shot peening chamber is working.. If i set it to 8 bar, than there is no shot flowing, only air. 7 bar and below - shot is flowing but with non-uniform flow, and intensity most times <0.010 frown

So here is the questions:
1) How can i increase intensity in my situation?
2) How to get uniform, steady shot flow through nozzle?

Some parameters of the shot peen chamber:
1) Nozzle size 8mm (~1/3").
2) Air hose diameter 1/2" (~12mm).
3) Abrasive material hose 1" (~25mm).
4) Pressure up to 8 bar.
5) Shot s230.
6) Saturation curve created by 4 different alen strips type A, built in "peensolver"
5) The processing angle 45-135 degrees, distance between nozzle and almen strip is ~40mm.
Click to reveal...

Posted By: Walter Re: Increasing of the intensity - 10/26/20 07:17 PM
Can you provide some more pictures of your machine? This appears to be a gravity suction type of machine. Is the media in a hopper on top of the machine or are you attempting to pull the media from the bottom? It appears to be from the bottom and I believe that is the problem.
Posted By: Tim Re: Increasing of the intensity - 10/26/20 07:39 PM
Thank you for answer. Yes, the shot moves from the botton storage by the wide dark hose with internal diameter 25mm. The air hose is white.
I tried to find some information, some sites said that probably the abrasive hose is too wide, or i should use regulator to control the consumption of abrasive. I will try to use much narrow hose. May be it will help to fix the flow.
Posted By: Walter Re: Increasing of the intensity - 10/26/20 07:49 PM
Now that I opened the picture from the website I see how your machine works.
Do you always use 230 shot in this machine? 230 is too large for this type of set up in my opinion.
Posted By: Tim Re: Increasing of the intensity - 10/27/20 04:02 AM
Yes shot 230. What should I change in your opinion? Is that nozzle small? I think something with place where air and abrasive shot combines into mixture, because when I stop peening process the shot fraction spills out video link
Posted By: Jack Champaigne Re: Increasing of the intensity - 10/27/20 01:34 PM
This machine should be used for abrasive blast cleaning only and not shot peening. You should seek advice from a machine builder for a proper machine.
© Q & A Forum - shotpeener.com