Home
Posted By: Sinbad Shot peening an induction hardened part. - 09/06/16 08:41 AM
Hello,
I wonder if you can give me some tips regarding shot peen an induction hardened steel part. Is it going to be beneficial to perform the peening after this kind of heat treatment? do you have articles?
Go to shotpeener.com and go to the library. Search for the term "induction hardened". I saw 132 links when I did this search.
Good luck.
jack
Posted By: Sinbad Re: Shot peening an induction hardened part. - 09/07/16 07:03 AM
I did that before writing here but couldn't find a clear relation between shot peening and induction hardening.
Posted By: Charlie Re: Shot peening an induction hardened part. - 09/07/16 01:41 PM
http://www.shotpeener.com/library/detail.php?anc=1984035&keyword=induction+hardening

Sinbad,
This article may give your answer, if it doesn't then let us know and we will try to help again.
Posted By: Sinbad Re: Shot peening an induction hardened part. - 09/09/16 02:11 PM
Yes, I read this article.
The thing is that the data provides only shallow information about residual stresses. Although the results from the fatigue test looks good but questions like how the residual stresses look both at the surface and in depth as a profile, are very interesting.
These kind of information that I'm looking really for.

Thank you very much Jack and Charlie. smile
© Q & A Forum - shotpeener.com