Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1546 08/09/21 09:27 AM
V
OP Offline
V
Hi, I have concerns about combustible metal dust issues, so I have been reading the 2019 edition of NFPA 484, amongst other things Chapter 11.2.4.4.8 "Temperature Monitoring Requirements" mentions the need for dry dust collectors to be fitted with an instrument for recording the surface temperature of collector. This device shall have an audible & visual alarm if a pre-set value is exceeded.
Can you confirm whether this ruling only applies to a Centralised large dust collector that is servicing multiple machines? I intend to have a couple of machines (each with its own dust collector) will they both need this temperature monitoring device?
Thanks in advance. Very Old Tom.

J
J
I do not have experience in this area - but I would guess each location needs the alarm. Sorry I cannot offer a qualified answer.

W
W
The best thing that I've used is a dust collector. I don't know about you, but mine would be useless without the plastic case. It keeps the dust down and out of the way while still allowing me to see what's going on underneath. When I bought my first dust collector, it was only a purchase of time. As soon as it was time to use it, I realized it was more than just another item in my household that needed to be maintained. Anyway, you can find the best dust collectorbest dust collector on this platform. I ordered a new one, and it's the best one on the market.

Last edited by Wolbachia; 08/27/21 08:56 AM.

Moderated by  Socrates 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Sponsored by Electronics Inc. © 2024 Electronics Inc. All Rights Reserved.