Next Thread
Print Thread
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A customer has asked us to move a flange .007" to meet a perpendicularity requirement and save a costly error. I do not have much experience with moving dimensions using a peening process but can anyone offer any suggestions on how to proceed with my setup. Nozzle orientation? Nozzle Angles? etc...

I am concerned that the intensity level needed to move this flange will be much higher than the drawing requirement of .010-.012N w/S70 shot in that area after machining. Is it even possible to move this flange without casing serious damage to the integrity of this part?

J
J
Peen forming is an art and therefore requires experimentation. You could set up your machine to the .010-.012N intensity at 90 degree impact. The impacted area should develope a convex bow, just like an Almen strip. This is a very low intensity and it may not help. What is the thickness of the section you have to move?

F
F
Hello DR PEENER I have to ask do the same terms in shot peen apply to peen formming. FRANK KENT the ornamental restorator peen former. THANKS JACK FRANK KENT

F
F
Hello JACK. are you there. this is metal formming peen terms the same FRANK. You said you were going to move my TOPIC. Dont know were it is moved to ? THANK YOU JACK ,,,,, FRANK ornamental restoration peen formming........ smile

J
J
I moved your topic to Shot Peening Process with title "Bending a flange (Peen Forming).

Link Copied to Clipboard
Sponsored by Electronics Inc. © 2024 Electronics Inc. All Rights Reserved.