Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
J
OP Offline
J

Dear Jack, Thank you for the copy of Dr. Kirk's Curve Solver.

But I have to ask for your kindly assistance with another doubt about the flap preening. I want to know if there is a reference document were I could find the equivalence between flap preening and shot preening, and if there is a possibility of applying any of these two peening methods.

To be more specific I have two cases that need shot peening and the specifications are:

1) Shot size 0.023-0.028 and
Intensity of 0.006-0.010 A2

2) Shot size 0.023-0.046
Intensity 0.014 A2

Please let me know if there are an applicable relation between conventional shot peening and flap peening.

I appreciate your help.

J
OP Offline
J
I'm not sure what restrictions you may have but I can offer the following information.
While it is true that both conventional peening and flapper peening can be applied at the same intensity there is an issue regarding whether manual peening (i.e. flapper peening) is allowed. Most specifications do not allow manual peening unless stated otherwise. Therefore, my answer to you must be that unless you are specifically allowed to do flapper peening you would be required to perform conventional shot peening.

Also, for your information, the flapper peening is performed with balls of 1mm diameter (0.040inch). This would be close to a shot size of S390.

Hope this helps.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Sponsored by Electronics Inc. © 2024 Electronics Inc. All Rights Reserved.