Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1397 09/27/18 05:53 PM
R
Raúl Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Hi, my name is Raul, I work in an aeronautical company in Argentina.
My question is, what speed and what rate of shot per hour is recommended per nozzle. The maximum pressure of the line is 7 bar. the s230 shot. with 6 nozzles. I am currently working with an intensity range of 0.006 0.0010A at 150mm distance and 3.5bar. The process is very slow.
I appreciate any information on the subject.

J
Online Content
J
Raul,
Referring to some older charts I find the following (which may only apply to direct pressure machines and may be different for suction type nozzle):

nozzle - 1/2"
air pressure - 20psi (2.8 bar)
shot - S-230 shot
intensity - .009A.
air volume - 90 CFM
media flow rate - 90 lb/minute (40 Kg/min)

What is the size of the air pressure hose?
What is the size of the media hose?
What media flow rate are you achieving?

Hope this helps

Jack

R
Raúl Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Hi Jack,

For pressure nozzles, I find information, Even the differences between long and short nozzles, but in suction I do not even find sellers.

The air hose is 1/2" (inside diameter)
the shot hose is 3/4" (inside diameter)
The rate I'm not sure since we do not have mangavalve yet.
I want to know what it should be to then try to reach it. the company wants to retrofit the machine and I need to establish some requirements and specifications for the contractor
On the other hand, is there a parameter to determine a shot peening time per piece surface?
Thank you very much for your answer

Raul.

Online Content
Raul,

If the goal is to speed up cycle time then problem is your choice of shot size. The larger the shot diameter the smaller the dimple on the part surface. I would suggest using ASH-110 if possible. Using 110 shot you will achieve full(100%) considerably faster.

-Walter

https://www.peeningtechnologiesga.com/

J
Online Content
J
I agree with Walter. Going from S-230 to S-110 could be a solution if you can get the intensity level you need.
One pound of S-110 has (8) eight times as many particles per pound as S-230. Therefore you are making dents at a rate of 8 times faster.

R
Raúl Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Originally Posted By Walter
Raul,

If the goal is to speed up cycle time then problem is your choice of shot size. The larger the shot diameter the smaller the dimple on the part surface. I would suggest using ASH-110 if possible. Using 110 shot you will achieve full(100%) considerably faster.

-Walter

https://www.peeningtechnologiesga.com/

Walter,

I appreciate your answer very much, I'm going to carry out tests with that shot.

My question is, is there any tab of suction nozzles to know the rate of shot, for each type of shot or nozzle size, vs air pressure?

R
Raúl Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Originally Posted By Jack Champaigne
I agree with Walter. Going from S-230 to S-110 could be a solution if you can get the intensity level you need.
One pound of S-110 has (8) eight times as many particles per pound as S-230. Therefore you are making dents at a rate of 8 times faster.

thank you very much Jack, very clear as always ...

Link Copied to Clipboard
Sponsored by Electronics Inc. © 2024 Electronics Inc. All Rights Reserved.