Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#309 01/26/04 12:39 PM
C
CHS Offline OP
OP Offline
C
I'm currently modifying a shot peening machine for leaf springs. Currently it processes one un-stressed leaf at a time but the idea is to turn it into a stress shot peening machine that would shot peen at least 2 leaves per pass (that means that the jigs that would hold the leafs would hold at least 2 leaves), as matter of fact it would be ideal if it could hold 3 leaves per jig. However It is obvious that the parameters of the machine would change completely. We were thinking about installing 2 impellers instead of one in order to achieve the required almen intensity for all the leaves. However, I've read that placing several impellers could cause the shot from one to hit the other resulting in the opposite of what is desired, that is, the intensity would actually be reduced.
Also, since the leaves will now be higher than in their original arrangement I've read that that also causes changes in the intensity.

I would like to know if any one here has any recommendations or observations about what I should look after when changing the machine and what considerations should I have regarding the impellers.

#310 01/29/04 10:03 AM
W
W
If you place the wheels the right way, so they don't influence each other, I guess you get the wished result.

But is recovery system of machine able to handle 3 times more of shot?

Best regards

Werner Müllerschön

#311 01/30/04 01:11 PM
C
CHS Offline OP
OP Offline
C
I actually have my doubts about that too. However, we have two twin shot peening machines and one engineer here said that the most likely scenario will be making one shot peening machine out of both so....perhaps I can use both recovery systems simultaneously?

Regarding the impeller, someone suggested placing 2 impellers perpendicular to the leaves.

#312 02/20/07 01:31 AM
J
J
Adding a second impeller will increase your coverage area and rate of coverage but the wheel speed and shot size will determine the intensity. So, this would increase your production rate, not the intensity.

The change in distance from impeller to target (higher than original) is not likely to change your intensity as long as the blast pattern (hot spot) is still correct.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Sponsored by Electronics Inc. © 2024 Electronics Inc. All Rights Reserved.