Next Thread
Print Thread
#800 09/13/11 11:55 PM
J
Jeff Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Hello Fellow Peeners,
Due to a lapse in concentration, I have a small amount of CW62 shot mixed in with approx 500kg of ASH550.
Because they are so similar in size, my screening process is not removing the CW62.
The question is how can I get it out? Or do I need to, as the amount is so small that my ASH550 still meets AMS2430 size and shape specs? Is the only issue is the shiny visible cut wire lurking in the dull grey of a cabinet full of cast shot?
Any thoughts would be appreciated.

J
J
First, I would expect that you would not be allowed to have a mix of media since a job would specify the type of media as well as its size. Unless you got customer approval you probably should not use this mix.
I do not know how you might separate it since the sizes are so close.

Online Content
Definitely do not use this cross contaminated mix. Although the size is close, the density of the materials is not the same. This difference would affect your intensity / saturation curve. Not to mention the surface of the part may appear different than normal.

You may have some luck by running the material through a spiral separator. http://profile-ind.com/

If not, I’m afraid it’s a lost cause.

J
Jeff Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Thanks Jack and Walter.
The mix is tagged USR presently (unservicable, recoverable)so is quaranteened. I have an old manual classifier with a wider range of screens than our mid westerns have, that I will use to try to minimise the loss, and also a very slow shape seperator that may get the mix out.
Otherwise, as you suggest Walter, it will end up as ballast!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Sponsored by Electronics Inc. © 2024 Electronics Inc. All Rights Reserved.