Founded in Pittsburgh, Pa. in 1908 by Verne E. Minich, Wheelabrator Group moved to LaGrange, Georgia, USA, from Mishawaka, Ind., in 1987. Wheelabrator Group, a global provider of surface preparation and finishing solutions, celebrated its 100th anniversary in 2008.
Electronics Inc. (sponsor of shotpeener.com) was founded in 1974 in Mishawaka, Indiana, by Jack Champaigne with products for the air pollution control industry. Electronics Inc. has been associated with Wheelabrator for many years. In 1978 EI furnished the shot flow measurement and MagnaValve controls to Wheelabrator Corporation on a project for Boeing Commercial Airplane Co, in Seattle Washington.
In honor of the 100th anniversary of the Wheelabrator Group, these pages offer an historical perspective on the company, including copies of the Wheelabrator Parade and Wheelagram Newsletters published for employees during the Mishawaka, Indiana, years. We would be very happy to receive any other historical materials pertaining to Wheelabrator or copies of missing newletters.
President, Electronics Inc.