Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
W
WalterJ Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Hi guys we have a continuous through-pass shot peening machine and an issue im facing is blade life , when im running with new blades I can push 30m/s through and get my desired almen values but after two weeks the blades need replacing and I can only get 19m/s to achieve my specs on the worn blades , could anyone give me some advice Im busy doing tests to set up a model for optimal replacement. Im new to shot peening so would really appreciate any advice. Thanks

W
WalterJ Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Hi guys if anyone was interested , I theoretically analysed the process over 1000 hours and integrated a profit function which I then used to determine the optimal blade change over time [ how many hours the machine should run before blades are changed. If anyone has any problems with their blade life and want to know how to improve the life you are welcome to email me with questions

Dear Walter,

there is no problem at all, to increase the lifetime of the wheel blades up to several thousand running hours (> 5.000 h) and you can reach the demanded almen value with max, speed of the machine.

Best regards

Link Copied to Clipboard
Sponsored by Electronics Inc. © 2024 Electronics Inc. All Rights Reserved.