Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#356 01/05/04 01:50 PM
C
CHS Offline OP
OP Offline
C
As some of you might know by now I'm currently designing stress peening machine for leaf springs. The machine has some jigs where the leaves are placed in a stressed position. This means that these jigs will be shot peened many times and therefore they have to be able to whitstand this kind of punishment. The jigs I've designed are basically made of rectangular plates and cylindrical rods with standarized diameters. And everything is welded together. However I wish to know if someone here could recommend a specific type of material for this purpose. Someone told me about high chrome-vandanium alloys and someone recommended me this www.hardsteel.net . Does anyone here have any recommendations? They would be greatly appreciated.

W
W
Best material we found is a special kind of hard alloy. Life times of > 10.000 hours you can reach.

If you send me your e-mail adress I'll send you some pictures of liners shwoing condition after thousand of running hours without any wear & tear.

Best regards

Werner Müllerschön

C
CHS Offline OP
OP Offline
C
My E mail address is [email protected]

I have about 0.9MB left so if you're going to send me something larger please let me know so I can clean up some space.

Thanks in advance for your help.

L
lou Offline
L
Quote:
Originally posted by Werner Müllerschön:
Best material we found is a special kind of hard alloy. Life times of > 10.000 hours you can reach.

If you send me your e-mail adress I'll send you some pictures of liners shwoing condition after thousand of running hours without any wear & tear.

Best regards

Werner Müllerschön
Could you send me information about your special steel? My e-mail address is [email protected]. Thanks.

lou leming

Link Copied to Clipboard
Sponsored by Electronics Inc. © 2024 Electronics Inc. All Rights Reserved.