Hey Jack and others. This Mike from MOOG in Torrance. Jack if you remember John Camment and yourself came out for some in house training in 2004.

If you remember from your visit we used a static almen stand to generate intensity curves. The stand held the strip at the same stand off distance as the part surface. We generated the intensity following the rules and then we would replace the stand with the part and determine the time for our coverage requirements. This separated the intensity determination from the coverage nicely.

The rotation of the part should only affect the coverage. This is my understanding. So why is it that I am required to rotate a PVT under the shot stream? This rotation is now changing our coverage times and shifting our saturation points with all the pararmeters remaining the same.

If you guys could give me an answer to this I would really appreciate it. I have some studies that are going to require some more detailed questions that I am hoping to get answered at the workshop next month.