You are correct. Intensity is established by creating and interpreting a saturation curve to find the 10% increase. Once established, the "intensity" of the process is the same at any point in time. The part is then peened to obtain the desired percentage of coverage. Peening beyond 100% or full coverage does not increase the intensity, 200% coverage is probably acceptable, however this is really an old way of doing things. It's my belief that before modern CNC controlled peening was available 200% was applied to drawings to be sure 100% coverage actually occurred. Peening a part too long is both detrimental to the part and is not economically a wise choice. 1) My first question to ask would be, when was the last time a saturation curve was run? I can't tell you how many times I see companies that ran the curve only when the process was first developed and never again. 2) When you run your verification arc height how far off is that valve from the saturation point or other previously established "target arc height". IMPORTANT: ARC HEIGHTS or TARGET ARC HEIGHTS ARE NOT INTENSITY only the established value from interpreting the saturation curve is the intensity. 3) If you are peening Aerospace parts and your people are adjusting the peening time or other process control values without having your frozen planning revised and approved, you're right you have a big problem.