Walt,
I have done 2 seperate tests. The first test was media in the machine which had a minimum of 40 hours usage. This media was inspected using a 35 top sieve and 50 bottom per the AMS 2430 requirement (sieves are brand new from fisher scientific)and it held to high (40%) on top sieve indicating a large condition. I then inspected new material (which passed AMS 2431/7 receiving inspection) using the in machine requirement, it also failed holding 44% on top sieve. I agree with your statement referencing the intent of the "in machine" requirement. When comparing the receiving inspection requirements and the in machine requirements there appears to be a disconnect allowing to receive material larger then the expected in machine requirement. I think the the 2430 table is incorrect but I am the small fish here and no one else appears to be having this problem. Do you use ceramic media in your processes? I am experiencing a similar condition with my 210 size as well. I may take you up on your offer to verify my results. Thanks again for your input, Scott