Good afternoon,

I would like to find out how to properly specify a Glass Bead Blast finish on 6061 Aluminum. The parts are small (fit within a cube 1.5 inches on a side without many sharp corners) and will be Clear Anodized after the blasting. The Glass Beading is being done primarily as a cosmetic item (to get a satin-like appearance) and also to slightly help with epoxy adhesion though I am not counting on that so much. I am willing to try-out some notes and see what "depth" or intensity of peening I get.

I see there is a ton of info about Almen strips and pressure and coverage, but I am having trouble digesting it into a note that I can include on a drawing that goes to a machine shop (or finishing shop).

Do you have any standard note (or note format)? Where can I start in terms of currently used specs. (it looks like an older Mil Spec. has been cancelled without a replacement)? I know I may have to experiment, and I am willing to try-out a batch of parts and see what results come from a given set of notes.

I'll appreciate any help you can offer. Thanks!

Best,
Eric